Sunday, September 23, 2007

What to Do at An Interview

The web sites we looked at with different articles on, things to do and not do at a job interview was very interesting. Looking at the different tips while conducting a phone interview and improving your chances of getting a job over the phone was really informing. Another one that I thought was really interesting and I personally think every manager should use when hiring someone is the personality test. I can imagine that if there is not in indepth interview witht he future employee then the manager would not be able to find out who the person is that they want for the job. All managers might see is that at an interview most candidates put on a front of what they think will come across as acceptable to get the job. I am not saying that trying to make yourself like your hopeful future employees is bad, i just think that a personality test make help make sure employees get along and work better together than employees that have no idea whats going on in each others live. The last article I read shocked me the most. The article explained how some people lie about being married and even take off their wedding rings before they go to the interview. I never knew that being married would make you less able to get a job. So many things can make or break you in the midst of finding a job and these aticles are very informative and helpful for my future.

No comments: